Monday, January 25, 2010

On the deserted Island (Post 1)

After completing a survey on characteristics of a preferable work environment I realized the survey was dead on. I was skeptical at first but my attitude changed once i reviewed the results. According to the survey I am a SER. No not the verb to be in Spanish but Social, Enterprising, and Realistic. I was surprised that the survey could see all that about a person but i was not surprised with the outcome. I believe I do have those qualities. I expected I would be Enterprising just because I come from a huge family of enterprising persons.
Social persons are the helpers of the world. They want to help others. They are understanding and compassionate to others and work hard to help solve problems. Enterprising persons are the persuaders meaning they are the sellers of the world. There main interest is profit. These people are leaders and know exactly what they want to achieve. They also take great risks but expect great rewards in turn. Realistic persons are the doers. They get things done. They like to work with there hands and do more physical work.
After receiving my results i received a list of majors and careers that are ideal according to a persons interest pattern. A few majors that stood out for me personally where International Affairs, Nursing, International business, Health service administration, Interior design, and possibly Management or Marketing. I realize that I have interest in a wide variety of majors but can you blame me there are so many to choose from, it's amazing.
Interest in my spare time would include art the design aspect of it and possibly communications.
I declare myself not completely lost on my decision making latter. In the beginning I was in a forest on a deserted island with nothing but food and water but now I found I map that tells me exactly how far the mainland is. I must now figure out my route to civilization.
I know my metaphor is a bit goofy but it describes my place in my decision making perfectly. I still lost but I know which way I have to go to figure out what I going to do with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Bianca, you really painted a great picture for me with your comparison to being on an island. That really is a good one--you can use the clue you get from the different inventories to help map your route, which is just what you're beginning to do here. It's good to see that you seem to be getting something from the class, and that it's helping you identify some possible majors. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete