Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Me, My Self, and My Decision

After receiving the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator results I was surprised. According to the results I am a ENTP type. Which means I am a Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinker that Perceives. According to the hand out i represent 5% of the American population. I wasn't surprised to here that! Just kidding. Now I hadn't seem my results until after I self-ranked myself. It turns out I know myself really well because I got the same results as the Myers-Briggs test. The first characteristic I founded was Extrovert meaning I am a people person. I love to interact with others. This is very true, I work at a pizza shop and all day long I interact with many different types of people and I love every minute of it. I would rather talk to a person face to face then text or write. When ever my hall orders delivery I take it upon myself to place all the order for everyone. I would love to be in career where I get to interact with a lot of people. When it come to processing information I received the Intuitive characteristic meaning I focus on the future. I try to make thing more efficient. I like to make the work environment efficient. In fact at the pizza shop I reorganized the salad and deli stations so that sandwich's and salads would come out quicker. I love learning new things that will help me in the future. I also follow vibe which sometimes get me into trouble but I can't stop myself and now I can blame I on my personality. I really believe I got decision making characteristic from my father. I am a Thinker meaning i tend to make decisions without thinking about a persons feelings. It all about the business. I got to do what I got to do. I analyze the situation to a tee and then I find a solution, it may not be universally accepted but it must be done. My organization is completely Perceiving and there is no doubt about it. I leave my "schedule" loose. When I say "schedule" that is when I make one I never go through with the thing. I try but I just get lost in everything I am doing. I always have so much to do or at least I feel that way. I am the ultimate procrastinator but I have been better about it this year (except for the exploration project).
Learning about your personality really helped me dicier the type of work environment that would be ideal. I would love to be in a work environment that is full of different people and is constantly changing. Learning new techniques and improvements constantly occurring. I really don't want to sit at a desk. I am not really sure which major would lead me to this type of career but I feel like the only profession that would suit my personality type would be an entrepreneur of some sort. I know a lot about the restaurant industry, so that might be an option. The only problem with that is my mother would KILL me. I want ed to open up my own place after I got out of high school. I found the perfect location and everything. But my mother didn't want that life for me. Now an IHOP at the location I found is grossing $26.000 a month. Pretty good especially since the rent was at a very reasonable price. Ever there will always be opportunities out there. I feel like I should be creating the ideal work environment and I want to be in power I know it sounds selfish but I feel like that's the only way I will be happy. But then again I have never really worked under anyone, so I could not tell you if I like working for someone else or not. But I love throwing ideas out there and changing the way things go.

When it comes to my decision making I still have no clue on which way to go. The map has five different arrows all pointing in different directions. I think I need to scope out the area before I make a move. I really have no idea on which major I interested in. I feel like I should look into more majors. Nothing has caught my eye and dragged me under its wing. I have no clue on what I want to do.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You did an excellent job of making connections between your personality and what kind of work environment will be a good match for you.

    It sounds like you're still struggling a little bit with identifying what kinds of majors might be a good fit for you. Have you taken a look at the different sheets with majors and careers that match with different interest codes and personality? It might be somewhere to start!

    ReplyDelete