Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Values and Interests

When I was asked to throw values away to save the world I felt like I was throwing away a piece of me. When I got down to the last four values I was very unsure about my decisions. The last four values all had to do with the way of life and independence. I felt like the value, independence was the most suitable. I do like to do things my own way and I like having the ability to do things my own way. I feel like if i had to work under someone or under restriction I would suffocate. My next value was way of life, I really did not think I was the type of person who want to make lot money and live an unhappy life. I do not know, maybe I am venting a little in this blog. Ok back to career stuff. Independence and way of life go perfectly with entrepreneurship. No matter what type of business you own and operate you have the ability to do what you want to do freely and if everything goes right you will eventually, through hard work achieve the desired way of life. I have been dreaming lately and after completing the exploration project part 2 that event planning could be something I could look into. My values, but particularly a meeting I had with my academic advisor has gotten me to take a look at communications major. Earlier in the semester, when I had just begone my GCOM class I thought to myself if only there were something I could do with this major, a career of some sort. But after our meeting and the exploration project I might consider communications as my major. I might not go so far as to declare it but I defiantly will think about it more often. I feel like I could do well academically in a communications major. I feel like any major will be difficult but communications seems like it is a major that is not to far out of reach.
When it comes to my decision making I feel like the map is telling me to go down a spooky path but once I get through that path the light will be there. In plan english, I feel like I need to try communications out before I take the big leap. I need more info. about it. I need a break from all the drama before I can make a wise decision.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that between thinking about your values, interests, and our meeting that you're narrowing things down! I really think you'd be great at communications--keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete